A hydraulic chair is one that is operated by a fluid that is under pressure. In most hydraulic chairs, the fluid is usually air. The air is trapped in a single acting cylinder which is actually a spring and the chair is operated by a lever. When one sits on the chair and pulls a trigger (the lever) the air is expelled out of the cylinder and the chair moves down. On the other hand, when one takes the weight off and pulls the trigger, air rushes into the chamber which results in a lifting motion. Hydraulic chairs find a wide range of application areas including barber shops, offices, beauty salons, bars, game rooms, kitchens and the dining room.
Here I mainly focused o Bar Stool type hydraulic chairs. If you are looking for Executive or Office Chair with hydraulic functionalities (almost all have hydraulic rods to adjust the chair) you can directly move to these articles:
Reviews on Hydraulic Chairs from Amazon
The following is a quick review of 6 of the best hydraulic chairs in the market with respect to price categories. We state clearly what each chair is best suited for. The list is arranged in three groupings; low, medium and high priced hydraulic chairs. This ensures that no matter your budget, there is something for you
Table of Content
- 1 Low Priced Hydraulic Chairs
- 2 Medium Priced Hydraulic Chairs
- 3 High Priced Hydraulic Chairs
- 4 Benefit of Customer when they use a hydraulic chair
- 5 How to pick the best hydraulic chair
- 6 How to use a hydraulic chair
- 7 FAQs about Hydraulic chairs
- 8 Summary
Low Priced Hydraulic Chairs
[easyazon_infoblock align=”right” identifier=”B01LZDS0V4″ locale=”US” tag=”findhydraulic.com-20″]
2 PU Leather Modern Adjustable Swivel Barstools Hydraulic Chair
The Leather Modern Adjustable Swivel Barstools Hydraulic Chair from Best Office is one of the best deals in the market. These modern bar stools come in 2 and in black. They are able to operate well with up to 300 pounds of weight. They are suitable for the kitchen, bar, shop or the game room. They have synthetic leather seats and can swivel for 360 degrees. They are fitted with a footrest to make your legs comfy. They have a rubber ring bottom to prevent scratching of the floor. The chair has an adjustable seat height of 24 to 32 inches and the seat dimensions are 21.75×16 with ample back support of 10.75 inches height. This is a very new design and has not yet been reviewed on Amazon but is ranked as #1 New Release in Bars & Wine Cabinets.
-Easy to assemble
-Simple, elegant design
-Supports heavy weights
-No support on seat edges
[easyazon_infoblock align=”right” identifier=”B000NPTYJA” locale=”US” tag=”findhydraulic.com-20″]
Winsome Wood Air Lift Adjustable Stools
The 2nd hydraulic chair in our list is the Winsome Wood Air Lift Adjustable Stools which come in 2 sets. The bar stools are most suited for a mini bar or kitchen counter as there is very little back support. The chair features a foot rest. These sleek looking black stools are covered with faux leather and can carry a maximum weight of around 200 pounds. It is a swivel type of chair design (360 degrees), a side lever is used to adjust the height up and down up to a maximum height of around 30inches and a minimum of 25 inches. You will have to assemble the unit yourself. The chair has a satisfactory rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
-Sleek, beautiful design
-Takes minimal amount of space
-Moves up and down fine for the specified weights
-The weight restrictions can be problematic
-It can be a bit tricky to assemble the unit together
Medium Priced Hydraulic Chairs
[easyazon_infoblock align=”right” identifier=”B00GS7EOA6″ locale=”US” tag=”findhydraulic.com-20″]
TMS Modern Adjustable Swivel Barstools Hydraulic Chair
The first in our medium priced counter height bar stools are the Modern Adjustable Swivel Barstools Hydraulic Chair from TMS. These black stools, suited for a bar are covered in synthetic leather and also come in 2 sets. It has a height adjustment of 21.5 inches to 30 inches. Height is adjusted by a side lever below the seat and the chair can swivel for 360 degrees. The hydraulic chair has a foot rest. The seat dimensions are 21.75×16 inches with a comfortable high lumber support of 10.75 inches. You will also need to assemble this unit on your own. This hydraulic chair has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
-Modern, trendy look
-bar stools with backs
-There are no assembly instructions
-The width of the seat is much narrower in the front than the dimensions given which can make for an uncomfortable seating.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”right” identifier=”B00GU4C6W0″ locale=”US” tag=”findhydraulic.com-20″]
White Bar Stools Leather Modern Hydraulic Swivel Dinning Chair BarstoolsB01
TheseBar stools from Best Office company also come in two pairs and fall under the medium priced category. This hydraulic chair would be very suitable for a dining room. They come in a stylish white modern design that is very beautiful. The seats are made of synthetic leather with plenty of cushioning to make for very comfortable sitting. It has an adjustable height ranging from 36 to 45 inches. The seat dimensions are 19×18 inches with a high back support of 14 inches. The chair can swivel for 360 degrees, has a foot support and rubber ring bottom to prevent you from scratching your floors. They have an outstanding customer rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
-Beautifully designed chairs
-Easy to set-up the chairs
-They are slightly wobbly
High Priced Hydraulic Chairs
[easyazon_infoblock align=”right” identifier=”B00IYVI0WC” locale=”US” tag=”findhydraulic.com-20″]
2 x Acrylic Hydraulic Lift Adjustable Counter Bar Stool Dining Chair Clear -Pack of 2 (2017)
These whitebar stool from Jersey Seating fall under the high priced hydraulic chairs. It also comes in a pair and has an adjustable height of 22.6 inches to 30.6 inches. The seat dimensions are 19 × 15.5 with an adequate back support of 11 inches’ height and 16.3 inches across. The seat weight limit is 250 pounds. They also have a chrome base with rubber ring to prevent scratching of floors. The unit has an excellent customer rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
-Simple and straightforward to assemble
-No wobble, very steady even under heavy weight
-Takes up a very small space
-Quite light thus can easily be carried around conveniently
-Each time you seat in the chair it gives a little bounce.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”right” identifier=”B019QCF95S” locale=”US” tag=”findhydraulic.com-20″]
Homessity HC-8007 2 PU Leather Modern Adjustable Swivel Hydraulic Chair Bar Stools
These two pairs of black chairs have a modern, cute design. They are made of synthetic leather and can swivel for 360 degrees. They have a chrome base with rubber ring to prevent scratching of floors. They have big seats of dimensions of 17.5×16 inches with an adequate back support of 10.75 inches high. The back support is notably very wide than other seats in our list, adding extra comfort. The chair has an adjustable seat height of 24.25 to 32 inches. It also features a footrest. The product has not yet been reviewed on Amazon but it sure worth the money.
-Comfy seats that tend to hug your body
-Stylish and beautiful design
-Perhaps the seats could use a little more padding
Benefit of Customer when they use a hydraulic chair
- A hydraulic chair, as opposed to the normal chair, has a wide degree of maneuvering and adjustment capabilities. You can adjust the height and most can swivel for [easyazon_link identifier=”B004G5O2E0″ locale=”US” tag=”findhydraulic.com-20″]360 degrees[/easyazon_link]. This capability of maneuvering is handy in such place as a salon or a barber shop. The ability to swivel can also provide a form of entertainment.
- They are easy to assemble and operate; they do not require any technical know-how for someone to use them.
- They occupy less space, especially in a high traffic area where the chair needs to be turned constantly.
- Modern designs of hydraulic chairs are quite stylish and add to the decor of the room.
- Hydraulic chairs are very durable and rarely require maintenance throughout their lifetimes
How to pick the best hydraulic chair
- Consider your budget-hydraulic chairs, as we have seen, come in a range of prices. Before you consider buying one, determine how much you are willing to spend for the chair.
- Purpose-you should consider the purpose of the hydraulic chair you want to buy e. g. the hydraulic chair you place in your gaming room might have more cushioning and back-support than a bar stool you will place in your mini bar. You should make sure the hydraulic chair fits the purpose you intend to use it for exactly.
- Maximum weight-before choosing a hydraulic chair, determine the maximum weight that will be exerted on it. Hydraulic chairs have a maximum degree of pressure beyond which they cannot function properly or are might even become damaged.
- Consider also the range of height you will require the hydraulic chair to span. Most hydraulic chairs span a range of about 22 inches to 32 inches although you might look for a higher range than this as your needs suit you
- Style and decoration- choose a stylish and beautiful looking hydraulics chair to go with your room decor.
- Stability-for hydraulic chairs, especially the ones that span a very high adjustable height range, stability is very important. Make sure to look for a stable hydraulic chair that does not wobble even when adjusted to the highest height, this factor is crucially important if the chairs are at one time going to be used by children.
- Back-Support- hydraulic chairs range from those that have ample back support to even enable you to lean back and take a nap to those that almost completely don’t have any back support. Determine if you will need back support before purchasing a hydraulic chair.
How to use a hydraulic chair
- Once you get your hydraulic chair from the market, you will in most cases be required to assemble the separate units together to make the complete set. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully as failure to do so might lead to the malfunctioning of the chair.
- It is good practice to keep the chair clean always.
- Avoid placing a weight that exceeds the maximum weight rating of the chair as this might make the chair not to function as it should or could even possibly damage the parts.
- Do not play with the chair by constantly adjusting the seat height up and down as this leads to the parts being worn out. It is not advisable to constantly swivel unnecessarily with the chair as this could damage the chair or lead to an accident
- To avoid a creaking noise when adjusting the seat’s height, you can pour some lubricant on the piston, below the seat.
- Do not seat abruptly onto the hydraulic chair by jumping onto it, rather, place your weight mildly on the seat. Jumping onto the chair with considerable force might damage the cylinder below the piston.
FAQs about Hydraulic chairs
How does a hydraulic chair work?
Hydraulic chair works by the manipulation of a fluid (usually air for most chairs) inside a cylinder spring. When one sits on the chair and pulls a lever below the seat, air is driven out of the spring and the chair descends. When one takes the weight off and pulls the trigger, air rushes into the chamber lifting the chair.
Will I need to assemble the chair myself?
Yes. Almost all hydraulic chairs will need you to assemble the parts yourself. This is, however, a very simple procedure that should not take you more than 30 minutes. Most manufacturers place easy to understand instructions with pictures when you purchase the chair.
How stable is a hydraulic chair?
Stability of the chair is largely dependent on the height, the higher the height the more unstable the height becomes. Manufacturers try to make the base of these chairs wide to improve stability and hence a particular brand may be more stable than another. It is important to thus find out if the particular chair you intend to buy wobbles at great heights before purchasing it.
Will this hydraulic chair scratch the surface of my floor?
No. Most hydraulic chairs are manufactured with this in mind, and thus, they are fitted chrome base and a rubber ring to prevent them from scratching your floors.
In summary, a hydraulic chair is something you should definitely consider having. The modern hydraulic chair is not only a convenient gadget but also stylish and beautiful and will definitely add to the decor of the room. The advantage of a hydraulic chair is that it can be used in almost every area, from your kitchen to the bar, to your game room and even in the study room. It’s convenience in swiveling without moving it ensures it takes very little space but provides room to move. Make sure to follow our guide before buying a hydraulic chair to ensure you get the best value for your money and that you are able to purchase a beautiful piece that you will love to see around. Use the chair for the right purpose that it was intended, clean it and maintain it well to ensure durability. We hope that this guide gave you all the necessary information to make an informed and intelligent decision.
You want to see some other options as well? Here are some picks from us: