With so many floor jack options in the market today, it may be difficult to decide which one you should really buy. To help you make the best decision, here’s a Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack review.
Introduction to Hein-Werner
For every car owner, there is a service jack. You need one in case your tire burstsor you meet a technical problem while on the road. But what are the kinds of car jack you should buy?
A hydraulic floor jack is one of the most common kinds of floor jacks. Many people prefer it because it’s easy to use. What makes a hydraulic floor jack different is its use of hydraulic fluid. Oil is used to lubricate the hydraulic chamber. To operate it, you only need to pull back the plunger.
There are several hydraulic floor jack brands in the market. Among the best is the Hein-Werner. Hein-Werner’s floor jacks are all manufactured in the US. They have a high standard of performance and quality for their products. Thus, they usually manufacture jacks that are not only rugged in design but are also highly dependable.
Hein-Werner has been in the field for quite a while, and they claim to be the favorite for military and private company’s lift applications. They have 2-ton floor jacks, 3-ton floor jacks, and other heavy duty floor jacks. One of their best products is the Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack.
What We Like
- Made in the USA
Any expert will tell you that the best floor jacks are manufactured in the US. Jacks made in the country are known for their durability and quality, and Hein-Werner is one of the top brands in the country.
Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack will not let you down as it is built to meet the US standards. In other words, it is a quality tool. It performs well, and it looks durable enough to last for years. If you’ve been using inferior floor jacks made from countries other than the US, then you’ll be surprised by how easy it is to use Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack.
- Precise Hydraulic Valve Control
Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack has a universal joint that allows you to precisely control the hydraulic valve. Because it has a U-Joint release mechanism and a unique in-line pump assembly, using it to lower or lift your car is effortless.
- Dependable Body Design
Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack is mainly made out of steel. Thus, it is strong enough to handle 2 tons of vehicle. Its body plates are flanged, thus reducing flexes and increasing rigidity. With a minimum lift of 3-3/4 inches, it is not a low jack.
Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack has notches on its sides so that when you operate it, the vehicle does not slip off. The product’s rear casters can swivel up to 360 degrees so you can roll and position it easily.
- Good Lifting System Design
Like most floor jacks, the product’s hydraulic valve of Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack can be opened and closed by turning the lifting pole in a clockwise and then in a counter-clockwise manner. This said, the single hydraulic piston is sealed. Thus, no dirt or other debris can contaminate the fluid inside.
Because it makes use of a universal joint between the hydraulic valve and the pole socket, you will require little effort to operate the pole and lift or lower a vehicle. What’s more is that it comes with a safety valve, so you can’t forcefully use it to lift loads heavier than 2 tons.
- Decent Minimum Lift Height
The Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack can lift vehicles of up to 2 tons. It has a minimum lift range of 4-1/2 inches and a maximum lift range of 20-1/4 inches. To improve control, it comes with a U-Joint and a one-piece handle. So, if you need to bend it while working with a vehicle, you can do so easily.
What We Don’t Like
- At 99 pounds, the Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack is too heavy to carry. To maneuver it easily, Hein-Werner puts large front and rear wheels on it. However, if you must carry it, you need to remove the lifting pole and grip it by the front axle.
- While the lack of padding on the saddle is not a deal breaker, it certainly is disappointing. The saddle is square-shaped with round corners. Without the padding, you might scratch your vehicle.
- The Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack only has a one-piece lifting pole. When you use it in a small garage, you might find that it’s hard to maneuver. Working with it in tight spaces will require some thinking as you need to find the right angle to position it.
- The one-piece lifting pole of Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack is made out of steel. Thus, itcan be rigid. To remove it, you need to loosen a 14mm bolt.
- The Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack is not a quick-lifting jack. It will take you several strokesbefore you can successfully lift the pole and reach its maximum height.
Tips in Buying a Floor Jack
Whether you’ve decided to buy a Hein-Werner jack or any other jack stand, there are factors that you should consider.
- Check whether the floor jack is sturdy enough to lift your vehicle safely and securely.
- See whether there are fast pump features and padded handles to make operations easy.
- Test how stable the floor jack can lift the vehicle in a specified time.
- High cost floor jacks are usually more reliable than cheap ones. Set a budget, but don’t compromise quality.
- Check the brand. Brands like Hein-Werner are popular for a reason. They are trustworthy.
In order to know whether this product is really the one you need, you must weigh in its advantages and disadvantages with this Hein-Werner HW93642 Floor Jack review. The floor jack has a good body design, system, hydraulic valve control, and minimum lift height.
However, it does not come with padding and may be difficult to move in tight spaces. Generally, it’s a decent floor jack that’s better than most of those in the market.